Sunday 21 March 2010

I have seedlings! :D

Eight teeny tiny plants popped up this afternoon, and they're growing really quickly. :s I'm a big worried that they'll out-grow their pots within a few days, which means I won't be around to re-pot them. :/

Unsurprisingly, the promised pallets to build the beds never materialised, so next Saturday is visiting B&Q day to buy the wood I need to build the beds. I think I'll have to leave Mum instructions, and get her to send me photos on a daily basis so I can let her know when she needs to re-pot things, and where.

So, the things that have germinated are the Graffiti Cauliflower:


(The white fluff is an annoying mould which is apparently harmless, and the brown powder is cinnamon, which is apparently anti-fungal.)

...which is purple! :D

And the crystal lemon cucumber:



...

Well, they're not very impressive at the moment, but they'll grow! Hopefully... :o

1 comment:

  1. Careful the caulis don't 'damp off' with that mould there... http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=damping+off&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

    ReplyDelete